- Link To Us
- Automatic Transmission
- Automatic Transmission Service
- Automatic Transmission Symptoms
- Automatic Transmission Service & Adjust
- Automatic Transmission Service Intervals
- Automatic Transmission Torque Converter
- Automatic Transmission Failure
- Automatic Transmission Rebuild
- Automatic Transmission Repair
- Remanufactured Transmission
- Transmission Reseal Service
- Manual Transmission
- Transfer Case
Diagnose Symptoms (760) 741-7861
CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON!!
DIAGNOSTICS SCAN TEST SAVE 85.00
Most new cars have a system that monitors the performance of your car. If something is not working properly, the "Check Engine" light usually comes on. The good news is that this "pre-warning" system can help you avoid costly damage, which may be occurring with your vehicle, by detecting small problems before they become big problems. However, the only way to be certain is to have your car inspected by an expert mechanic when the "Check Engine" light comes on.
On Board Diagnostics
The purpose of ‘OBD’ was to monitor the emission control system. When the system saw a fault three things were supposed to happen.
- Set a warning light to inform the driver that a problem existed.
- Set a code in the computer.
- Record the code in the computers memory so that it can be retrieved for diagnosis and repair.
The system worked well but had a lot of shortcomings.
In 1996 all cars sold in the U.S. were equipped with a new version of on board diagnostics and was known as OBD II.
The difference between OBD and OBD II was the standardization of the system. All warning lights now say "check engine", typically with a picture of an engine with "check" written across it. The code was standardized with over 400 possible codes that can be stored in the system. If the gas cap is left loose the ‘check engine’ light will be illuminated and a code will be set. This can create a problem for the motorist if the warning light is set because of a loose gas cap, it will not go out when the cap is replaced. A service facility will have to reset the light.
If any of these symptoms are present call Escondido Transmission today and schedule a scan test diagnostic. Remember most repairs are minor when serviced immediately